National Artificial Intelligence Portal
- The portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
- The portal will work as a one-stop digital platform for sharing of resources such as articles, startups, investment funds in AI, resources, companies and educational institutions related to AI in India. It will also share documents, case studies, research reports etc.
- It also has a section about learning and new job roles related to AI.
Responsible AI for Youth Programme
- The Program is designed to reach out to students from Government schools pan India and provide them with an opportunity to become part of the skilled workforce inclusively.
- It aims to help reduce the skill gap while enabling youth to create meaningful social impact solutions.
- It also intends to provide a platform for relevant AI skill-sets and access to required AI tool-sets to make youth digitally ready for the future.
- The Program has been created and launched by the Ministry of Electronics & IT in collaboration with Intel India, with support from the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The National Programme is open to students of classes 8-12 from Central and State government-run schools (including KVS, NVS, JNV) from across the country.
- The Program will be implemented in a phase-wise manner and its first phase, each State will nominate 10 teachers as per the eligibility criteria.
- These teachers will be provided sessions aimed to help them understand the premise and identify 25-50 potential students for the Program.
- The identified students will attend online training sessions on AI and will learn to identify social impact projects that may be created using AI.
- Further, top 20 innovative projects will be selected by an independent committee of experts and provided opportunities to showcase at relevant platforms.
- The launch of the programme will help to develop the base for Artificial Intelligence in the country.
- India’s AI approach will also help for the inclusion and empowerment of human beings by supplementing growth and development specifically in the field of education, agriculture, healthcare, e-commerce, finance, telecommunications, etc.
- Thus the introduction of the Responsible AI for Youth Programme is expected to find innovative long term solutions which will help to reduce the existing digital gap in the country.