Operation Save Kurma
- The operation was conducted to combat the proliferating illegal trade of live turtles and their parts from the country to destinations abroad.
- To focus on the poaching, transportation and illegal trade of live turtles and tortoises.
- The operation was also aimed to invite the attention of the enforcement agencies towards such illegal trade.
- During the operation conducted from December 15, 2016, to January 30, 2017, approximately 16,000 live turtles and tortoises were seized and released back into the wild.
- WCCB had worked in close collaboration with regional law enforcement agencies of different states.