NEWS: World largest Hybrid Energy Park In Kutch, Gujarat
- The Prime Minister laid the foundation on world largest hybrid energy park in Kutch, Gujarath with a generation capacity 30 gigawatts.
- The renewable energy park will have a dedicated zone for wind and solar energy storage.
- With the Government of India committing itself to install 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2022, the Gujarat government identified 1,00,000 hectares of wasteland near Khavda, 72 km north of Bhuj, close to the international border with Pakistan in Kutch, for an energy park.
- Currently, India’s renewable energy capacity is the fourth largest in the world
- The total installed capacity of Indian renewable sector surpassed 90000 thousand megawatts during November 2020
- Our solar capacity grew from 2.63 gigawatts in 2014 to 36 gigawatt in 2020
- India aims to reach 175 Gigawatt before 2022.