MILAN 2020 is a multilateral naval exercise aimed to enhance professional interaction between friendly foreign navies and learn from each other‘s strengths and best practices in the maritime domain. The Exercise with the theme Synergy Across the Seas would provide an excellent opportunity for Operational Commanders of friendly foreign navies to interact with each other in areas of mutual interest.The Indian Navy has postponed its multi-nation mega naval exercise ‘MILAN’ due to continuing spread of the coronavirus.
- It is a biennial, multilateral naval exercise which started in 1995.
- The Navy has held 10 editions of the Milan exercise, with the theme of “synergy across the seas” to enhance professional interactions between friendly foreign navies and learn best practices from each other, since 1995.
- It was conducted at the Andaman and Nicobar Command until 2018.
- It is held under the aegis of Eastern Naval Command.
- Over 40 countries were expected to participate in the exercise in 2020.