The Punjab Education Department recently launched Mission Shat Pratishat to achieve 100 per cent result in classes 5, 8, 10, and 12 of government schools.
Mission Shat Pratishat
- The Mission was launched in September 2019 by the Punjab education department.
- It aimed to improve the results of the government schools in terms of pass percentage in the 10th and 12th board examinations.
Particulars of the mission
- WhatsApp groups of teachers, students, and parents by different subject teachers have been formed to ensure proper coordination as well as sharing of good practices.
- The teachers and students are being sensitized about the structure of the question papers through Edusat (Education Satellite).
- Model question papers have been prepared for every subject and students are being made to solve them.
- The government school teachers have voluntarily been taking extra classes not only during working days but also on Sundays and holidays.
- There are hundreds of government schools, mostly primary and middle, that do not have enough teaching staff.