To provide a single platform for research internships, capacity building programs and workshops across the country, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched a new scheme called ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ (AV).
More about the Scheme
- The objective of this scheme is to give more thrust on encouraging high-end scientific research and preparing scientific manpower.
- The aim is to expand the research base in the country, with three broad goals.
- Consolidation / aggregation of all scientific training programs.
- Initiating High end Orientation Workshops
- Creating opportunities for Research Internships.
- Scheme primarily focuses on young potential researchers with an aim to give an opportunity to them to spend quality time in the pre-identified premier institution, labs / organizations and empower them through best practices and environment.
Programmes under the Scheme
- It aims to boost research and development in the country by enabling potential PG/PhD students by means of developing their research skills in selected areas across different disciplines.
- It has two components: High-End Workshops (KARYASHALA) and Research Internships (VRITIKA).
- This is especially important for those researchers who have limited opportunities to access such learning capacities / facilities / infrastructure.
- It aims to encourage, aggregate and consolidate all scientific interactions in the country under one common roof.
- It has been sub-divided into SAYONJIKA and SANGOSHTI.
- SAYONJIKA (chronicle) is an open-ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in science and technology supported by all government funding agencies in the country.
- SANGOSHTI (Seminar or Symposia) is designed to facilitate the scientific community to establish an interaction with other individuals and research groups to enhance knowledge exchange.
- SERB will centrally coordinate with the other ministries/departments/organizations for achieving the three goals of AV.
- An Inter-Ministerial Overseeing Committee (IMOC) is constituted to help and support SERB in implementing the scheme.
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- SERB was established under the Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008.
- It is a statutory body with requisite financial and administrative autonomy for performing its mandated functions.
- It was set up for promoting basic research in science and engineering and to provide financial assistance to scientists, academic institutions, R&D laboratories, industrial concerns and other agencies for such research.
- Chaired by Secretary, Department Of Science And Technology (DST)